WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AT OUR STUDIO.
Our Studio is located at 55 Water Street in Gastown (suite/buzzer #508)
Most of our procedures take longer than 2hours, so if you are driving, we highly recommend parking at the Easy Park (160 Water Street) located very close to our studio as they do not have a 2hour parking limit.
BEFORE YOU COME IN....
· The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before your appointment: -Botox and Fillers -Fruit or milk acids -laser treatments -Chemical peels -Exposure to excessive UV light
· Come to your appointment wearing your eye-brow make-up as you normally would so that the assigned artist can see what your preference of style and colour may be.
· It is unadvisable to drink alcohol or take any blood-thinning products (such as Ibuprophen, aspirin, etc.) the day before the procedure. This increases blood flow to the area to be tattooed and therefore not recommended. If you are on prescribed anticoagulant medicine, we cannot perform the procedure without a letter of consent from your physician.
· If you are pregnant or nursing, we will not be able to perform the procedure until you have delivered your beautiful bundle and completed nursing.
· When you get to the studio, you must fill out a Medical Disclosure form and a Photo & Social Media waiver.
· Healed results will vary with each person, we cannot entirely predict how each individual will retain their Micropigmentation and it will be your responsibility to follow the aftercare and all matters of proper sanitation as outlined in after care section.
CARING FOR YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO
· Using a mild, fragrance-free soap and warm water, GENTLY and THOROUGHLY wash the tattooed area at least 4 times a day for the first 3 days or until tattoo starts to become dry.
· It is IMPORTANT to flush the tattooed area with warm water regularly until all of the plasma build-up or "film" is washed off of the surface of the skin. Removing this build-up will minimize the amount of scabbing and allow the skin to properly breathe and heal in an attractive manner.
· Carefully pat the area dry with a clean, disposable product like a paper towel. Anything (including your hands) that has contact with your tattoo should be clean and sterile.
· Apply a thin veil of the after care balm you were provided with either your clean fingers or a cotton swab.
· Keep the after care balm with you and apply at any time your skin feels tight or dry. These sensations are part of the normal progression of your skin's healing cycle and it is minimized by keeping it hydrated.
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Following the procedure, your cosmetic tattoo will appear darker and possibly more red than you thought it would be. This is normal and will change as the scabbing starts to fall away.
· After about two weeks, a thin layer of skin will cover your tattoo, making the pigment appear faded. This is also natural and part of the healing process. Once this skin is finished regenerating, the colour or the pigment will turn deeper and more vibrant again.
· All skin heals differently and it cannot be predicted how each client's skin will retain ink. Many factors contribute to pigment's ability to stay in the skin. It is not uncommon for up to half of the ink to be exfoliated out of the skin through natural cell turnover and 'disappear' after the first session. This is why a second follow-up appointment is included and mandatory to complete the process. This follow-up should be scheduled shortly after the initial 8 week healing period and no later than 6 months.
WHAT TO AVOID
· AVOID putting any cosmetic product, including cosmetic powders, on the tattooed area for at least TWO WEEKS. You may wear your regular make-up on the rest of your face, but avoid any contact with the tattoo for two weeks.
· AVOID sunscreen for the first 7days (but anytime after that duration, constant use of sunscreen is recommended.
· DO NOT USE products on the tattooed area that contain Glycolic acid, Alpha Hydroxy, Beta Hydroxy, Retinol, Salicylic acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, sulphur, vaseline and antibiotic products. These kind of anti-aging and acne-treating products have been formulated to facilitate rapid skin cell turn-over and will pull the newly implanted tattoo pigment out of the skin.
· DO NOT have chemical peels or laser resurfacing performed within at least one month before cosmetic tattooing procedures or until after your tattoo has fully healed.
· AVOID soaking/submerging your cosmetic tattoo in water for prolonged periods of time during the first two weeks. Showers and baths are fine for short periods, but do not immerse the tattoo in water. Avoid swimming pools and saunas for two weeks.
· AVOID excessive sweating and working out for at least one week. If sweating occurs, wash area immediately and dry area thoroughly.
· AVOID prolonged exposure to the sun before and after the tattooing procedure, No procedure will be performed on sunburned skin.